Presented without comment, because I literally don’t know of any words to describe this thing.
But just know that it is a real thing that was actually produced by a real presidential campaign.
Cover Photo Credit: Mike Huckabee For President/ Youtube (Screengrab)
What Do You Think?
About the AuthorRich Robinson is the CEO and publisher of Rise News. He is also a journalist and a native of Miami. Robinson graduated from the University of Alabama and can be followed on Twitter @RichRobMiami.
You Might also like
The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) is forecasting a potentially high impact severe weather event for Wednesday that could extend into the early morning hours of Thursday.
Tornadoes, with perhaps a few significant ones, are possible across northeastern Mississippi and northwestern Alabama.
The SPC regularly issues convective thunderstorm outlooks in order to communicate the level of risk associated with severe weather events to the general public. These risks are noted by different colors and numbers. This particular event will likely be given a Level 4 (out of 5 total) Moderate Risk, meaning a few long-track tornadoes will be possible in the affected region.
In the meteorology world, weather models are one of the tools we regularly use to issue accurate forecasts.These models produce a plethora of different parameter outputs and products that enable you to see a nice, clean forecast on a daily basis.
Several models are hinting at the development of supercell thunderstorm formation on Wednesday. Supercells are the parent thunderstorm of potentially dangerous, long-track tornadoes.
This event is still approximately 48 hours from coming to fruition, however if you live in northeastern/central Mississippi or central/northwestern Alabama, NOW is the time to be prepared in case of a potential tornado.
It’s been quite some time since this region has experienced the threat of severe weather.
Here is a quick review of the things you should do if a tornado warning is issued for your area…
- You absolutely cannot be mobile home during a tornado. Cars and mobile homes are one of the worst places for you and your family to be during a tornado. If you’re in a mobile home, you MUST know in advance nearby structures that can withstand strong winds. Identify those places NOW before the action happens.
- No cars. If you’re in a car, you’ve got to get out and get to a site-built structure. This includes places like a well-built home, business, restaurant, gas station, etc. Cars are like tiny toys to a tornado. They have very little weight, comparatively speaking. Think you can outrun a tornado? Bad idea. Tornadoes can have erratic motion at times, and it’s critical that you are not in a vehicle during a tornado warning.
- Once you’re in a site-built structure, get to the lowest floor. You’ll need to be away from windows and doors, preferably in an interior hallway, closet, or bathroom. The more walls you can put between you and the outside world, the better off you’ll be.
- Folklore says you should be underground during a tornado. While this is preferable, if you’re not near a basement or storm shelter, it’s better to get in the middle of a site-built structure and not try to run or drive to a basement.
- I’m a big proponent of putting football or bicycle helmets on during a tornado warning, especially on children. Without going into too much detail, the odds of survival increase pretty dramatically if you protect and shield your head. It may look funny and you may draw some weird looks, but trust me… Do it anyway. It very well could save your life.
Rise News will continue to monitor this potential severe weather event in combination with RedZone Weather over the next few days.
Spinks Megginson is the chief weather analyst for Rise News. He also runs RedZone Weather, a hyperlocal weather service that focuses on Southwest Alabama and Northwest Florida.Post Views: 661
What Do You Think?
By Staff Report
President Barack Obama officially signed the controversial nuclear agreement with Iran Sunday afternoon after Iran’s parliament passed the measure last week.
The agreement will offer relief from crippling economic sanctions on Iran if that country complies with numerous provisions designed to stop the country from developing nuclear weapons.
Much has been written about this issue. But here at Rise News, we believe in sometimes cutting through the confusion and just bringing you straight information from world leaders.
Here is what President Obama said about the agreement in a statement after signing it on “adoption day.”
“Today marks an important milestone toward preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon and ensuring its nuclear program is exclusively peaceful going forward. On this Adoption Day of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) reached between the P5+1, EU, and Iran, JCPOA participants will make necessary arrangements and preparations for the implementation of their JCPOA commitments. Today, Iran begins to take the steps necessary to implement its JCPOA commitments, including removing thousands of centrifuges and associated infrastructure, reducing its enriched uranium stockpile from approximately 12,000 kilograms to 300 kilograms, and removing the core of the Arak heavy-water reactor and filling it with concrete so that it cannot be used again, among other steps. These next steps will allow us to reach the objectives we set out to achieve over the course of nearly two years of tough, principled diplomacy and will result in cutting off all four pathways Iran could use to develop enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. I am confident in the extraordinary benefits to our national security and the peace and security of the world that come with the successful implementation of the JCPOA.
I have directed that the heads of all relevant executive departments and agencies of the United States begin preparations to implement the U.S. commitments in the JCPOA, in accordance with U.S. law, including providing relief from nuclear-related sanctions as detailed in the text of the JCPOA once the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has verified that Iran has completed all of its nuclear steps. We will also be closely monitoring Iran’s adherence to its commitments, working closely with the IAEA and the other JCPOA participants, to ensure Iran fully fulfills each and every one of its commitments.
I welcome this important step forward, and we, together with our partners, must now focus on the critical work of fully implementing this comprehensive resolution that addresses our concerns over Iran’s nuclear program.”
Like this piece? Rise News just launched a few weeks ago and is only getting started. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with global news. Have a news tip? (No matter how big or small!) Send it to us- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover Photo Credit: angela n./ Flickr (CC By 2.0)Post Views: 523
What Do You Think?
If You Go:
Jack’s Home Cooking
Location: 2426 NE 2ND AVE, MIAMI, FLORIDA 33137
RISE NEWS is South Florida’s digital news magazine. Follow us on Facebook to make sure you never miss a story!
Have a news tip about this topic or something completely different? Send it on in to email@example.com.
Did this South Floridian Just Invent The Next Tofu?Post Views: 629
What Do You Think?